Monday, April 24, 2006

BotD - March Winds Bring April Showers

The sky is weeping with my mom. Her best friend Shirley is gone, slipped into a fretful sleep and then quietly drifted away yesterday morning. I sorrow for her, and watch her with concern. She's 83 and Shirley was 69. Now who will mom trip around the world with? I guess it's my turn then.

In contrast, my garden is glorious with spring rains and flower seeds I threw out in January. A riot of color, even the roses are chiming in and the Aloe Vera survived the winter. Death and life, a circle. The wake was yesterday, I supplied the angel food cake and quietly left while family and closer friends sorted through stacks of photographs. May she wake in a better place.

I've now officially started playing Kingdom Hearts II, that is when Jennifer will get off my lap and give me the joystick, Jessica will let me play for ten minutes without reminding me it's her turn, and the rest sit next to me and grimace whenever I make a less-than-perfect move. Life is good. I've decided to breathe just as long as I can before I stop.

No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007