Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Trump

Peeves

weeds with thorns
on my bare feet
running outside for a minute

kitchen garbage
overfilled
late for work

overnight dirty dishes
in the sink
wanted coffee

light in the garage
burned out
at night

tv whispering
while I'm trying to sleep
work tomorrow

invisible toys
with sharp corners
waiting on the floor

no dog food left
at midnight
hungry dog

windows burn your fingers
in the middle of summer
living in the desert

forgetting to pay the water bill
it's 4:55 p.m. on shut-off day
beg for mercy

two teens
learning to cook
Hamburger Helper -- again

100 socks
in the clean laundry bag
no matches

four new hairbrushes
pink green blue black
none in the bathroom

lick my dry lips
again
no lip lotion

garbage can in the middle of the yard
full of spring clippings
garbage truck speeds away

soda cans, KFC wrappers, plastic cups
high school lunches over the wall
into my back yard -- grrrr

trampoline 60 pound maximum
two teenaged girls and two teenaged boys
trying to jump the California Pepper Tree

one bike two bike
red bike blue bike
nestled under my rose bushes

but

my family, my friends, my mom
trumps them all

Happy Easter

No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007