Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Poetry Month Musings ... Week Three (and more)


Day 17 – Katrina … Acrostic

Kissed by the sun
And sought by the moon
Timeless and ageless
Replete with swoons
Ideological logical
Not
A more loyal friend has never been sought

 
Day 18 … Dirge

The sea sifts swiftly
Silently
Stoically
Through the remains of the wastrel waif

She plummets through wild
Wailing
Whitecaps
Undisturbed by their ferocious frenzy

Picking through scattered remains
Fossil
Footprints
Announce their fate … only

Relics
Remain


Day 19    Epigram

Beware the sound protagonist
He rarely is antagonist


Day 20 … Gnomic Verse

Last hired
First fired
The saddest words it’s true

My day was gladdest yellow
And now I’m only blue

Waste not
Want not
Comes very close behind

 I threw away leftover stew
And now I’ve only wine

The early bird
Gets the worm
And I slept in too late

My job is gone
My lunch is gone
My bed is out the gate

He who laughs last
Laughs best, it’s true

I woke up from my nightmare
My sunny sky is blue
 

Day 21 … The Circle --- Concrete Poetry

One
           Around
        Two around
  Three times or four
 Minus one just for fun
      And soon there’s
Nothing
  More
 

Day 22 … Heart

It thrums through my body
Like a drum
You’re not home yet

It pounds through my veins
Like bolts into steel
The doorbell rings

It abandons my bones
Leaving water for ice
An unfamiliar face

It recaptures my senses
Translating words into meaning
She’s fine

What does it do?
What does it not?

No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007