Saturday, July 25, 2015

Inspired by  "Once Upon a Gypsy Moon" by Michael Hurley ... you rock!

under a gypsy moon
I lay beneath the stars
Polaris smiles upon my bark
as it carries me to the stars


under a gypsy moon
where the wind and the waves sublime
carry me far from home and then
return from that salty brine

under a gypsy starry sky
under a moon so bright
and a ocean so deep and long and still
that it ever steers me right

let me take that gypsy moon with me
in my pocket nearest my heart
and I'll sail the seas to the end of the world
where day and night depart


and the second one is:


once upon a gypsy moon
with the sea blowing wide and high
cradled on my rocking deck
I watch the stars go by

time stays its hand
that moonful night
winds whispering soft and low
while all lay slumbering in their beds
in eons far below

once upon a gypsy moon
she sings sweet, cajoling still
calling me to return once more
to her windswept misty hills

copyright haikujin 2015

No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007