Sunday, November 25, 2007

Blogging Games

I love video games
I ponged to disaster
shot centipedes and
alien invaders
I ate dots
bananas and strawberries
I warred in the stars
and pinballed free games

Under the stress of
miniature audiences
who chanted
'get dead ... get dead'
I played and lost
instantanteously

Outnumbered
outmaneuverered
outmanned
outskilled
I became an
underground video junkie

I studied, practiced, yearned
while my facile
youthful
adept young
with finely tuned reflexes
carelessly gleefully
flaunted their victories

Beaten without surrender
I retreated to easier prey
chess
checkers
hearts
clue
internet monopoly
avoiding falling blocks
street fighters
and racing cars

until
finally
hiding from my young's young
I hide
entombed in
bacalaureate robes
surrounded by tomes
of the ages
in my study
and collapse

No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007