Sunday, May 31, 2015

Today I will

I am not perfect.  I know my limitations and they increase daily.  I know that most people try their best … But … Knowing that does it excuse being cruel?

Clouds creep softly through the trees,
dipping their toes into the soft earth
Leaving damp footprints,
 as they step lightly along the ground
Thirsty roots nudge their beds aside,
 sipping the cool air
Until relieved of their burden,
Their  tendrils,
 cotton candy soft
Joyfully Rise to meet
The sun


Misty musty
Feather dusty
Dip your toes and more
Sweep the floor with tasty lore
Until the senses cry for more
Then sated
Fade away



What is the price of
 a smile
A hand
Condolence
Shared pain

What is the cost of
Compassion
Sympathy
A shared laugh

What is the loss of
Love
Mercy forgiveness

What is the proof of
Humanity




No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007