Monday, July 11, 2005

Blog of the Day -- July 11, 2005

On June 1st we had two cats (Killer and Squeaky) one kitten (Princess Wookie), one elderly Akita (Paca) and two younger Akitas (Gizmo and Cordelia). Today we have Princess Wookie, Squeaky, Paca and a newly rescued 3-year-0ld Akita (Nikki) (sigh). Too sad.

I've been taking my grandkids on summer outings to take their mind off of Giz and Cordie. They ran off on July 4th and are still missing. We rescued a young Akita from the pound, she had less than 12 hours to live ...given up because she shed ... a horrific crime I guess if you don't happen to be a dog (versus a puppy) lover.

The outings are good, for all of us and I'm glad we could save Nikki, but I miss Giz and Cordie. Through the years there have been many losses, but it never gets any easier. The only consolation is the joy we were privy too while they were with us; it keeps me from refusing to get more pets when ours get old and move on.

life is too sad
too sad
life is too short
too sad
life is too weary
too sad
but
life is also
deliriously
exuberantly
joyfully
present
too

No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007