Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Blog of the Day -- July 20, 2005

I saw a purple sky
today
a solitary runner
racing across the burgeoning light
softly, insistently caressing the hills
a trumpet from the east

light
joined the race
shoulders streaming with lavender
tendrils of smokey night in her hair
laughing in delight and triumph

reigned
and heralded in a new day

I like this but I think it needs some work. It's not quite where I want it to be. I woke early, took Paca out and sat watching the dawn chase the night from the sky. I yearn to be content, but desire and a sense of time slipping through my fingers battles contentment.

5 comments:

Meadow said...

I saw a purple sky.

What a beautiful way to start a poem. It immediately captures the imagination.

Neva F. Darbe said...

Beautiful poem. I like the way you bold one word in each stanza. today light reigned would make a nice title.

www.poet999.blogspot.com
http://Writing.Com/authors/nfdarbe

Paul Perkins said...

If it needs working on, I couldn't tell you what or where...it's beautiful. P :-)

Actualizing said...

I like it the way it is too.

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

Thank you all. I'm experimenting with haiku. It's a fascinating form.

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007