Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blog Dreams

Hmmm, write my morning.

My dream controlsmy sleep,
an action movie in black and white, cowboys
I'm an Indianthis can't be good.

like unannounced visitors
like my granddaugterpeering into my face

"are you awake" she whispers
"whhhhuut?"
"can you drive me to the bus stop?"
"Huh??"
"I'm going to miss the bus" louder "can you...."
"Uh huh, I'm asleep."
"Oh, I'll ask poppy ... he's awake"
"Yeah, good."

a second movie begins
I'm on a cruise ship, oh no, it's the Titanic, and....
"Are you awake? You wanted me to wake you up.It's 7:30"
my daughter states, hands on hips and
then disappears.
"Is there coffee?" a silent room

a third movie starts
no Titanic thanks goodnes
oh no, I'm on a pirate ship
there's a plank, they're not getting better ...

"Hey, hey, hey" voice escalates from downstairs
"Do you want eggs?
Hey, it's 9:30,
don't you have to go to work today?"
"Yeah, yeah, yeah" I mutter
"Two, no one egg. Is there coffee?"

my feet hit the floor
we'll see if the day is better
than my dreams ...
hope so

No comments:

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007