Friday, February 15, 2008

Blog Re-Blog

As Spring nears
my mind revisits
spring

February
the white-gold band
encircles my finger
and my heart

March
the long white gown
decorates the closet
soon will decorate
of my life

September
two become one
and one becomes
three
her smiles encircle
our life

April
tiny daughter
three would be four
but alert brown eyes
flutter and close
back to three

May flowers
our son
winter's end
four at last


How the years
have blessed us
two separate lives
entwine into
two -- three -- and four
drawing the circle
larger
becomes five - six - seven
then six
growing seven - eight - nine - ten - eleven -- to fourteen
fifteen
pushing sixteen and seventeen

we ebb and flow
an ocean of life beginning and ending
until the shore will beckon
and laughing, holding hands
we too will depart
back to one

2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Love the imagery here, but why does September come after March?

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

I know, I wasn't sure how to do that either. Our daughter was born in September and then our second daughter in April, a year later our son in May.

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for your comments!

Joanne

October in Vermont 2007

October in Vermont 2007